Life Technologies currently supports the following browsers:
Please consider upgrading to one of our supported browsers to enjoy the full web site experience
GeneArt® Primer and Construct Design Tool for Seamless or High-Order Assembly and Mutagenesis
This tool facilitates the in silico design, assembly, or mutagenesis of a DNA molecule using GeneArt® technology. Use the GeneArt® Design Tool in conjunction with GeneArt® Seamless Cloning and Assembly Kits (e.g., Seamless PLUS, High-Order, Seamless Cloning and Assembly Kit, and Seamless Enzyme Mix) and GeneArt® Mutagenesis Kits (e.g., Site-Directed Mutagenesis PLUS and Site-Directed Mutagenesis) to simplify construct and primer design.
Starting with the sequence information for your DNA fragments, the GeneArt® Design Tool:
- Guides you through construct design, including fragment import, order, and orientation
- Checks for areas of homology and potential design issues
- Creates primers for pre-cloning or incorporating end-homology between fragments (if needed) or primers for mutagenesis, depending your workflow
- Shows updated amino acid sequence for mutagenized constructs
- Allows one-click online ordering for custom primers (not available in all countries)
- Generates final construct sequence, in GenBank format, and map files for easy download or import into Vector NTI® software
The sequence information that you import into this tool is entirely confidential. While the sequence information is briefly saved for access during oligo creation, it is deleted once you exit the tool. Only the resulting oligo sequence is saved. As an alternative to the use of this web-based tool, you may wish to purchase our Vector NTI® software for installation and use on your own computer system.
For additional information regarding this tool or the products it supports, visit our DNA Assembly page or contact Technical Support.
To begin, choose your kit from the list below: